Dr. Hala Rajab, got her Ph.D. in Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering from the University of Agriculture-Peshawar and was granted DAAD scholarship during her doctorate program where she worked on her research for two years (2016-2018) in the 'Center for Organismal Studies Heidelberg', Heidelberg University, Germany. She joined Peshawar Medical College in the Fall of 2019 where she worked as a 'Research officer' in the Department of Pathology and then as a 'Manager research' at the Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization, to facilitate and promote research culture in the institute.
Since October 2020; she is working as an assistant professor of Molecular Biology in Peshawar Medical College. She works in teaching and research for the undergraduate and post-graduate levels in Peshawar Medical and Dental colleges. She is an HEC recognized supervisor in the discipline of Medical sciences. She works as the In-charge of the PMC Lab Molecular Division, supervising the PCR Lab and the diagnostic tests performed for Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B and COVID-19 in Peshawar Medical College.
- Cell & tissue culture
- Genetic Cloning
- Biochemical analysis
- Genetic analysis
- Molecular analysis
- Fluorescence and confocal microscopy
- Cancer therapy
- Recombinant DNA technology
- Haq M, Rehman A, Ahmad J, Zafar U, Ahmed S, Khan MA, Naveed A, Rajab H, Muhammad F, Naushad W, Aman M. SARS-CoV-2: big seroprevalence data from Pakistan is herd immunity at hand?. Infection. 2021 May 25:1-6.
- Zahir F, Haq I, Haq M, Khan AS, Naushad W, Rajab H, Fahim M, Ahmad S, Munir I. Epidemiological characteristics and genetic diversity of clinically isolated dengue vector in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health. 2021 Oct 1;12.
- Rajab H, Khan MS, Malagoli M, Hell R, Wirtz M. Sulfate-induced stomata closure requires the canonical ABA signal transduction machinery. Plants. 2019 Jan;8(1):21.
- Batool S, Uslu VV, Rajab H, Ahmad N, Waadt R, Geiger D, Malagoli M, Xiang CB, Hedrich R, Rennenberg H, Herschbach C. Sulfate is incorporated into cysteine to trigger ABA production and stomatal closure. The Plant Cell. 2018 Dec 1;30(12):2973-87.
- Rajab H, Khan MS, Wirtz M, Malagoli M, Qahar F, Hell R. Sulfur metabolic engineering enhances cadmium stress tolerance and root to shoot iron translocation in Brassica napus L. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 2020 Jul 1;152: 32-43.
Mobile/ office No. 092-5202191-4 (Ext: 149)